Are you hunting for cheap but worthwhile stocking stuffers for kids? Preparing the kids’ Christmas stockings is one of my favourite things of the year to do! We all have our own style when it comes to choosing Christmas stocking fillers, some people go down the chocolate and candy route, some people choose a few select and more expensive gifts and others are like me! I simply adore filling the kids’ stockings to bursting point with loads of fun little nik-naks. I do buy them a few larger gifts too but for me the fun and excitement of Christmas is lots of little presents stuffed into a Christmas stocking!
Because I want lots of little gifts for the kids I have to hunt long and hard for really cheap stocking fillers that have staying power and will still be great for the children to have and use all year round. I find that by choosing stocking fillers that fall into a theme or two the children are left with a great collection of gifts that give them plenty of play opportunities for the rest of the year. I don’t want to be buying stuff just for the sake of buying and find that’s it’s all been discarded a week or two down the line!
I’ve had great fun gathering together a fabulous collection of super cheap Christmas gift lists for kids, that have staying power. Scroll on down and you’ll see they’re organized into 6 themes so it’s easy to find lots of bargain stocking stuffer ideas for your children this Christmas, whatever their interests.
We’ve got Stocking Stuffers for…
Bath Time Fun
50+ Stocking Stuffer Ideas under £3 / $5.
I’ve listed the prices* so you can easily search to suit your budget. Click on the price to take you direct to the item where you can pop it into your basket until you’re ready to check out. Prices include postage and packaging wherever possible too. There’s nothing worse than thinking you’ve found a bargain and then getting to the check out and finding the postage is astronomic.
You’ll see a few extra items slightly more than the £3 / $5 too. I’ve included those where I’ve thought they were a bit special and worth a pound, or dollar or two more but still fab value.
I’ve done my best to find matching items for our UK and US readers but occasionally the style might be slightly different to the image I’ve shown but you’ll see that on the shopping site anyway so there shouldn’t be any confusion. (This post contains affiliate links.)
Stocking Stuffers For Kids: LITTLE EXPLORERS
I love giving children presents that encourage them to take an interest in nature. It might be gifts that get them outside exploring the life in the garden and parks around us or toys that inspire imaginative play so our little intrepid explorers can delve into the depths of the rainforest or scale a mountain from the comfort of their own home!
- £3.50 Explorers Helmet $5.87
- £2.65 Compass $3.69
- £1.85 Binoculars $3.02
- £2.99 Big Bag Of Bugs $6.71
- £2.69 Mad About Bugs Book $5.06
- £2.48 Magnifying Glass $5.06
- £4.95 6-in-1 Explorers Toolkit $9.15
- £1.89 Inflatable Globe $4.00
- £2.24 Set Of Varied Animal Masks $5.90
- £2.15 Foam Earth Ball $2.83
- £1.78 Inflatable Snake $3,89
- £3.39 Artificial Leaves $5.40
- £3.89 Dynamo Torch $4.59
Stocking Stuffers For Kids: YOUNG MUSICIANS
Music is such a wonderful activity for children to be involved with. Every Christmas I try to buy a small instrument of some sort as a present and over the years we’ve built up a fantastic music box resource that the children use again and again. It’s something they’ll never grow out of.
- £1.00 Wooden Animal Castanets US $2.87
- £1.47 Egg Maracas US $2.69
- £2.93 Wooden Flute US $3.90
- £1.39 Wooden Trumpet US $3.00
- £2.80 Water Warbler
- £2.44 Clown Horn US $3.99
- £3.31 Metal Cymbals US $5.46
- £2.59 Wooden Harmonica US $4.39
- £1.69 Wooden Shakers US $4.59
- £2.01 Wrist Bells US $4.00
- £2.29 Wooden Bell Stick US $2.99
- £3.44 Wooden Slide Whistle
- £1.28 Duck Quacker US $4.99
- £2.93 Wooden Claves US $3.99
- £3.57 Tambourine US $4.19
- £3.69 Metal Triangle US $4.00
Stocking Stuffers For Kids: LITTLE CHEFS
Cooking is a life skill. I feel it’s one of my jobs as mum, to teach the children how to cook so in the future they will be able to go out into the adult world keeping themselves healthy and not relying on tinned beans! These fun cooking gifts are a great way to get the kids helping out and learning in the kitchen from a very young age.
- £2.39 Chefs Fabric Hat US $3.57
- £1.99 Cooking Timer US $3.59
- £1.99 Squeeze Icing BottlesUS $4.71
- £1.45 Waterproof Aprons US $2,67
- £2.85 Christmas Cookie Cutters
- £1.89 Christmas Cake Toppers
- £2.00 Pastry Brushes
- £3.29 Washing Up Brushes
- £1.99 Children’s Pizza Cutter
- £3.09 Wooden Utensils Set
- £4.98 Children’s First Cook Book
- £6.29 Roald Dahl’s Revolting Recipes US $8.09
Stocking Stuffers For Kids: BATH TIME FUN
I love bath time with the children. It’s a great time to put the rest of the world on hold and enjoy time together. Here are lots of fun gift ideas to make bath time go with a splash!
- £1.38 Duck Family $2.99
- £1.07 Wind Up Frog $4.00
- £1.99 Tooth Brushing Timer $3.36
- £3.90 Bath Crayons $4.00
- £1.15 Toothpaste Squeezer $2.34
- £3.19 x5 Sea Squirts $7.90
- £4.99 Bath Time Fishing Set $5.98
- £3.49 Stacking Bath Time Boats $3.99
- £3.70 Foam Letters $4.49
- £6.95 Water Flutes $7.50
- £0.87 Colour Changing Dolphin $2.26
- £5.99 Splish Splash Stacking Cups $4.00
Stocking Stuffers For Kids: LITTLE PIRATES
Ahoy there Jim Laddie! Here are lots of gift ideas to get your little swashbucklers sailing the seas and searching for lost treasure. These presents will make great additions to the dressing up basket that can be enjoyed all year round.
- £1.25 Inflatable Parrot $4.26
- £0.75 Mini Pirate Playing Cards
- £1.52 Pirate Headscarf $4.94
- £2.49 Pirate Purse And Coins $1.95
- £0.85 Tattoos $3.63
- £3.11 Pirate Bottle $3.39
- £1.97 Large Jolly Roger Flag $5.00
- £2.08 Captain Hat $4.79
- £1.14 Fabric Eye Patch $1.20
- £2.35 Treasure Map $2.81
- £1.50 Hook $3.27
- £1.46 Inflatable Sword $3.25
- £7.99 Pirate Costume $8.99
Stocking Stuffers For Kids: YOUNG DETECTIVES
My kids love make believe and dressing up! Secret spy, police and undercover agents have been themes that they’ve revisited again and again and one that even my 11 year old still loves to play. There’s lots or great spy gadgets here to inspire your little mystery solvers for years to come.
- £1.94 Rear View Spy Glasses $4.64
- £1.46 Microscope Micro Lens $3.59
- £2.93 Spy Mission Binoculars $3.01
- £2.86 Invisible Ink and UV Light Pen $3.89
- £2.99 Spy Pens $6.19
- £4.95 Pocket Telescope $4.95
- £1.99 Crime Scene Chalk $7.00
- £2.48 Magnifying Glass $4.72
- £1.53 Handcuffs $4.28
- £1.99 Police Badge $3.99
- £3.84 Police Helmet $5.99
- £3.60 Evidence Envelope
- £3.60 Police Tape $4.32
- £7.99 Police Flashing Light $12.86
- £7.98 Fingerprint Kit $8.32
Buying presents for our children’s Christmas stocking can be really enjoyable and I love picking out some super cute and fun stuff for them. I hope these stocking stuffer gift ideas have been useful for you too.
*Details and prices correct at time of writing Nov 2014
I’ve teamed up with other fantastic parents and educators from the Kid Blogger Network to use our experience and expertise to bring you a round up of all our gift guides. There are gift guides according to age, gender, interests and learning. Click the link below to be taken to the landing page to see what everyone else is recommending. You’re sure to find the perfect gift.
Here’s a fab pin board with all of the Kid Blogger Network gift guides in one place!
You Might Also Like: