Reindeer and Snowmen Fingerprint Gift Tags
Supplies To Make Reindeer and Snowmen Fingerprint Gift Tags:
- Card or ready made gift tags
- Hole punch
- Dinner plate or paint palette
- Paint: brown, red and white
How To Make Your Fingerprint Gift Tags:
- Cut your chosen card into small rectangles. Ours measured 10cm x 5.5cm. (You can buy pre-cut blank gift tags but a much cheaper option is to make them.)
- Trim the corners to round them off and taper one end.
- Hole Punch a single hole into the centre of the tapered end.
- Pour a few drops of each of your paint colours onto a dinner plate or paint palette.
- For the fingerprint reindeer’s body dip the flat of your thumb into the brown paint and push it firmly onto your gift tag.
- For the fingerprint reindeer’s head dip the flat of your index finger into the brown paint and push it firmly onto your gift tag just touching the thumb-print body.
- For the fingerprint reindeer’s nose dip the flat of your little finger into the red paint and pop a little print onto the end of the head.
- Leave your fingerprint reindeer outline to dry.
- When your paint is completely dry use your pen to add the detail: legs, tail, antlers and face.
- For the fingerprint snowman, use the white paint and print the body with your thumb and the head with your index finger. When dry add features such as a carrot nose, hat and cheeky smile with your felt tips.
- Cut the string into 10cm lengths and thread through the gift tags’ holes. Write your message on the tag and attach to your present.
Cupcake, Biscuit and Crumb enjoyed deliberately making each fingerprint reindeer and snowman different and I love that each gift tag is unique, personal and special.
We hope you have lots of fun with this idea. It’s a great and easy way to make that gift for someone special that extra bit special.
You might also like: