I love the chocolatey indulgence of Easter and couldn’t resist making these cute Easter Chocolate Brownie Nests with my children to share at their after school play dates alongside these cute Wheat Nests.
Of course I couldn’t eat any myself as I’ve given up chocolate for Lent but the empty plate, chocolatey smiles and sticky fingers tell me they were delicious and I shall me making them again for Easter day, when I can actually taste them again myself.
How To Make Easter Chocolate Brownie Nests
(This post contains affiliate links.)
Ingredients for Easter Brownie Nests
- 100 g butter
- 50 g cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 225 g sugar
- 70 g self-raising flour
For the topping
- 100 g butter
- 25 g cocoa
- 250 g icing sugar
- splash of milk
- mini chocolate eggs
How To Make Cute Brownie Nests For Easter
- Pre-heat the oven 180 C.
- Melt the cocoa and butter together gently and allow to cool.
- Beat in the eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Fold in the flour.
- Bake in a greased tin for 20-25 minutes until firm on the top but slightly soft underneath.
- When cool cut into 16 equal squares by cutting into quarters and then cutting those quarters into quarters.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, icing sugar and cocoa to make the chocolate frosting. If it is too thick and dry then add a tiny amount of milk.
- Pipe onto the squares leaving a raised circle on the outside to form the nest sides and pop 2 or 3 mini chocolate eggs inside.
More Easter Crafts You Might Like: