What I love most about Halloween is the build up to it and all the fun we have creating Halloween treats and decorations!
By the time Halloween actually arrives our house will be decked out with Floating Ghosts, Frankenstein’s Monsters, Giant Glow-in-the-Dark Spiders and Painted Pumpkins galore! What fun! Come and see all our spooky Halloween ideas for kids here.
These little Lollipop Spiders are easy beyond belief! You and the kiddies can whip them up in just minutes and they are great for sharing out to all your little trick or treaters. Or perhaps you’re having your own Halloween party? Put out on display these Spider Lollipops make great Halloween decorations and are super parting party favours too.
Supplies For Your Spider Lollies Halloween Treats
(Contains affiliate links.)
- Lollipops of course! We love these lollies from Swizzels – they come in lots of fruity flavours and are cheap too. If you’re in the US you can get Swizzel lollies as well and this pack has our favourite varieties.
- Black bin liner
- Pipe cleaners UK / US. We used red but any colour will do.
- Optional: Googly eyes UK / US
How to Make Lollipop Spiders
- Cut a small square from the black bin liner. Ours was about 10cm x 10cm. Wrap it around the lollipop and fasten it underneath with a pipe cleaner. The pipe cleaner will make your first two legs. (Half for each leg.)
- Trim off any excess plastic and continue wrapping around 3 more pipe cleaners to make 8 legs in total.
- Bend the legs to your desired shape and if you fancy stick on some googly eyes too. You can even add a little paper mouth if you fancy. My boys loved adding little fangs to theirs. So cute!
- It is possible to use one whole pipe cleaner for each leg to make a longer legged spider. And of course you can go as crazy as you like with those googly eyes!
Don’t these make fun Halloween treats? Sometimes simple is best don’t you think?
Why not follow our Halloween Fun Pinterest board dedicated to collecting the very best Halloween fun for kids from around the web.