These easy Homemade Chocolate Popsicles are such a fun way for kids of all ages to get creative in the kitchen. Children will really enjoy designing, making and of course eating their own unique and delicious chocolate popsicles.
Because these are so fun and easy to create, it’s super quick to make up a big batch of them so they’re ideal as homemade gifts and class favours, perhaps for Valentine’s Day, Teacher Appreciation Day or for the end of the school year?
Supplies To Make Homemade Chocolate Popsicles
(This post contains US and UK affiliate links.)
- Milk Chocolate
- White Chocolate
- Pink Food Colouring US / UK
- Popsicle Sticks US / UK
- Ice Cube Tray US / UK
- Mini Marshmallows US / UK
- Heart Sprinkles US / UK
- Sugar Pearls US / UK
How To Make Homemade Chocolate Popsicles
- Have all your supplies to hand and then melt your chocolate. We warmed ours gently in bowls in the microwave.
- If you want some pink chocolate popsicles add a smidge of pink or red food colouring to some melted white chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Once your chocolate is melted simple spoon it into the ice cube tray compartments and decorate the tops with mini marshmallows, heart sprinkles or sugar pearls.
- Leave to set for a few minutes and as it starts to harden put a popsicle stick in the middle. If you put these in too early they will keep falling over until the chocolate starts to thicken and harden a bit.
- Once your homemade chocolate popsicles are completely set take them out of the ice cube tray and enjoy, YUM! You can even finish them off with a pretty ribbon too!
My children loved experimenting with different toppings and by using two or even three different coloured chocolates together. We thought they looked lovely and they were very tasty of course! You can check out our other favourite food creations here.
More Valentine’s Day Crafts For Kids You Might Like: