The magic of this recipe is that having made a simple all in one chocolate sponge mix you then, shock horror, pour a watery liquid all over it!
While it’s in the oven the runny liquid “magically” sinks through the sponge mix, cooking it and turning into a thick luscious chocolate sauce on the way! How “MAGIC” is that?
My children thought it was totally magic and promptly named it the Harry Potter Pudding!
It’s a wonderfully simple chocolate pudding recipe making it a great one for kids to help with.
Ingredients For MAGIC Harry Potter Chocolate Pudding Recipe
For The Sponge
- 125g butter
- 125g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 125g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
For The Sauce
- 25g cocoa powder
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 300 ml hot water
How To Make A MAGIC Harry Potter Chocolate Pudding
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Put all of the cake ingredients into a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Spoon it all into the bottom of a deep pudding basin.
- In a jug dissolve the cocoa and brown sugar in the hot water to make the sauce.
- Pour it gently all over the sponge mix.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes until the sponge has risen and shrunk away from the sides of the dish and the sauce has sunk to the bottom and is bubbling round the sides of the sponge.
You can serve it up straight from the bowl but we chose to tip ours upside down so we could see all the luscious sauce. My boys were absolutely delighted with this because they thought it looked just like a chocolate brain!
Special thanks goes out to another lovely blog ‘Life In My Houseful Of Boys’ who has kindly allowed me to share this wonderful recipe of theirs with you. I hope you enjoy it. I’m sure it will become one of our family favourites.
‘Life In My Houseful Of Boys’ has lots of wheat and dairy free recipes that may be of particular interest if you are dealing with allergies and along the way you may pick up a word of two of Gaelic too!