I expect you’ve got a LEGO lover or two in your house? LEGO is such a wonderful resource to spark creativity, imaginative play and fun! Today I’m sharing some exciting Family Fun Minute To Win It LEGO Games and
the chance to win an awesome new book 365 Things To Do With LEGO® Bricks.
These Family Fun Minute To Win It LEGO Games are perfect for family games nights and kids play dates and are easy to set up using LEGO bricks you’ve probably got already. These LEGO games come from a fun new book 365 Things To Do With LEGO® Bricks and we’ve adapted them with a fixed timed challenge to make them “Minute to Win it” family fun games. I’m super excited to say that we have a copy of this book to giveaway to a lucky reader too!
(This post contains affiliate links.)
All About 365 Things To Do With LEGO® Bricks
New on the shelves this Autumn, 365 Things To Do With LEGO® Bricks is a must have for LEGO fans young and old! The book is bursting with 365 activities to get kids using their LEGO bricks in creative, new and exciting ways every day of the year!
The fun activities range from games like the ones I’m sharing with you below, to challenges, to imaginative play and build ideas. Each activity is clearly described and supported with bright and colourful photographs.
What I really liked about the book was that it fired up my kids enthusiasm for LEGO again and got them excited to try new things.
Most of the activities don’t need a huge amount of bricks or take a long time to complete. We didn’t have all the brick types used in all of the builds but that really didn’t matter because this book is all about getting creative with the bricks you have got and it even has advice on how to simplify or adapt ideas if you don’t have the exact bricks.
It’s a book that steps away from the idea of buying a LEGO kit to make just one thing and instead encourages readers to branch out, experiment and get creative!
365 Things To Do With LEGO® Bricks even comes with it’s own activity selector and timer built into the cover. My boys liked letting the book choose which activity to try next and then they used the timer to race against the clock to complete the challenge in a given time. The timer also lets you time your own builds which is great fun for trying to beat your own speeds or for competing against a friend.
So whether you fancy our version of Minute To Win It LEGO Games like the ones below, building your own pet, crafting a bedroom door sign, creating an optical illusion or masterminding your own LEGO movie, this book has something for everyone!
The lovely team at Dorling Kindersley are letting me share with you 3 family fun LEGO challenges from the book below, so you can get a real taste for what it’s like and start enjoying the fun ideas today!
I’m delighted to say that DK are also giving away a copy of 365 Things To Do With LEGO® Bricks to one lucky reader. To be in with a chance of winning scroll on down to the bottom of this post to enter. (UK only)
Play Family Fun LEGO® Games Today
#1 Minute To Win It LEGO® Game – SORT AT SPEED
This is a great game for all ages and really easy to set up and play.
- Every player has a bowl of random LEGO bricks and takes it in turn to choose a way to sort them in a minute. The first player to sort all their bricks is the winner!
- We sorted our bricks by size.
- Then we sorted our bricks by colour.
- Players can choose any way to sort them they like, maybe colour, shape, brick type, number of studs on the top, number of holes on the bottom?
#2 Minute To Win It LEGO® Game – CHOPSTICK CHALLENGE
This was one of our favourite activities from the book and loads of fun for a family games night.
- Start the game by making a pair of LEGO chopsticks from long thin plates and smooth the studs off with tiles.
- Then each player has a minute to pick up as many LEGO pieces from a random pile and move them to a new pile.
- This sounds easier than it is! But those LEGO chopsticks are smooth and slippery and some LEGO pieces are tiny or round!
- We played this game loads and ended up adding an extra layer of difficulty by calling out a colour that the player had to pick up next!
#3 Minute To Win It LEGO® Game – MAKE A TOWER WITH JUST ONE BRICK
- For this fun game you have one minute to build the highest LEGO tower you can.
- Sounds easy? Don’t be fooled!
- This is no ordinary tower building…for this game you are only allowed to touch one brick at a time!
- So no holding your tower while you place your next brick on! Tricky!
Win Your Own Copy Of 365 Things To Do With LEGO® Bricks
I hope you enjoy these Family Fun LEGO® games as much as we have, and I want to say a huge thank you to DK for letting me share them with you.
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway below to be in with a chance of winning your own copy of 365 Things To Do With LEGO® Bricks. Good luck!
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2016 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.
Manufactured by Dorling Kindersley under the license from the LEGO Group.
(This is a sponsored post and I received a copy of 365 Things To Do with LEGO® Bricks free of charge for the purpose of this review.)
More Fun Activities To Try: