My children and I wanted to make some wintery biscuits and together came up with the design of these super cute penguin biscuits, a perfect treat for a chilly day.
We ran into a problem there because we don’t have any penguin shaped biscuits cutters. Not to be seen to give up in the eyes of my little ones I decided to make some of our own. You can read about how we made our own penguin shaped cookie cutters here, so that you can make them yourself too, or any cookie cutter shape you can think of for that matter.
Ingredients For Penguin Biscuits Recipe
(Makes 12 penguins)
- 275g plain flour
- 75g butter
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 50g golden syrup
- A selection of sugar pastes. Ours came from our Sugar and Crumbs prize win.
- Homemade penguin cookie cutters
(Here is our guide to homemade cookie cutters. )
How To Make Penguin Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 170c.
- Rub the butter into the flour to make breadcrumbs and then stir in the sugar.
- Beat the egg and syrup together and add to the dry ingredients to form a firm dough.
- Roll out to a couple of mm thickness and cut out your shapes.
- Bake for 10 – 15 mins until golden brown.
- When cooled roll out your chosen sugar paste colours and cut out the needed shapes.
- Stick your sugar paste shapes onto the biscuits with a tiny dab of water for glue.
My boys loved making different penguin characters!