We have fallen in love with this adorable Dragon Sock Puppet. He’s so jolly and just oozes personality.
(He’s quite the cheeky mischief maker in our house I can tell you!)
All you need to make him is a sock, felt and some glue. He’s a “no sew” dragon so he really is very quick and easy to create and we’ve provided a free printable pattern too.
Puppets are such good fun for everyone and help develop children’s imaginative story telling and improvisation, promote language and communication and offer a safe way to explore a huge range of emotions and scenarios, and children don’t even realise they’re doing all that learning, fab, fab, fab! Come and see all our fabulous puppet crafts here.
How To Make A No Sew Dragon Sock Puppet
Supplies To Make Your Dragon Sock Puppet
- A sock. (We used green but any colour will do.)
- Strong fast drying glue like UHU (You can find it in our Amazon Store on the right.)
- My Little 3 and Me’s Free Printable Patterns page 1 and page 2
- Some old scrap newspaper
- Print out the two A4 pages of the Dragon Sock Puppet Pattern and cut out the individual shapes.
- Lay the pattern pieces on to your chosen felt colours and cut out. (You can pin them on first if you like but I didn’t find it necessary.)
- Glue the layers of tongue, eyes and nose together and allow to dry.
- Fold a sheet or two of the newspaper so that it fits inside the sock. This is so that when you glue your features in place you won’t spoil the appearance of the sock with seeped through glue and also to stop the sock from sticking to itself.
- Stick your features into place and allow to dry.
We love our Dragon Sock Puppet and the fact that he works so well without any sewing at all is definitely a bonus!
Children will have great fun bringing their dragon to life and developing its personality. Ours is very cheeky! I wonder what sort of character a yellow or pink Dragon Sock Puppet would be?