Tissue paper is such a versatile craft material and the range of colours it’s available in is just amazing! I wanted to put together a fantastic selection of tissue paper crafts for kids that use a wide range of techniques to really show off tissue paper’s flexibility and get you and your kids exploring and experimenting with all its wonderful possibilities.
My Favourite Tissue Paper Crafts For Kids
Have a look at all these wonderful tissue paper crafts for kids. What an explosion of colour, they are such a delight to look at! I’ve put together 16 of the most fun and varied tissue paper projects to keep your kids busy whatever their age and whatever the season. So stock up your art and craft supplies now and choose which tissue paper craft you and the kids will try first. Click on the blue name of each craft to take you to the full tutorial.
(This post contains affiliate links.)
- TISSUE PAPER TASSELS are a super craft made up of simple cutting and twisting so they’re great for building fine motor skills. You can make tiny little tassels or great big ones by varying the size of the tissue paper sheets so it’s very versatile. The tissue paper tassels are wonderful for decorating a bedroom or play house and can even be used in the garden as long as you bring them in when it rains.
- TISSUE PAPER SUNCATCHERS are just beautiful don’t you think? These are super easy to create and have an up cycled element too which is always great. We have these all over our kitchen windows and I just adore them!
- ELMER ELEPHANT LANTERN will make a lovely nightlight, looking great in any bedroom and is another cute up cycled craft too.
- TISSUE PAPER FLOWERS are so bold and bright. I love that they use a couple of different ways of working with tissue paper in one project. You’ve got a collage effect on the stems and then cutting and shaping for the petals. They are free standing too so after the kids have finished playing with them they make a pretty display.
- PAPER PLATE RAINBOW . This tissue paper craft can be used as a sun catcher in the window or even pulled on a string like a little kite. Those rainbow coloured craft tissue ribbons will look gorgeous blowing in the wind.
- WATER MELON BOWL I am so in love with this colourful tissue paper bowl! It just cries out Summer to me. Such a fun papermache project for kids and it could be used for all sorts of things around the home.
- LITTLE BIRD SUNCATCHER This tissue paper craft incorporates cutting, sticking, collage and mixed media. What’s not to love?
- FLOWER ART is another craft tissue project using mixed techniques, which I love. Kids can enjoy a hands on sticky collage combined with drawing and the results are so pretty!
- POM POMS are one of my all time favourite tissue paper crafts. They are fabulous for building fine motor skills as there’s plenty of opportunity for cutting and rolling and once they’re made kids can have a blast singing, dancing, being gymnasts or cheerleaders – what a great way to develop gross motor skills. I bet you’ll not be able to resist having a go too!
- TISSUE PAPER FLOWER LOLLIES are a great treat for little ones to enjoy and would make lovely gifts for kids to make for others. It’s a super speedy craft too.
- TISSUE PAPER STARS are beautiful hanging in a window and create lovely star shaped shadows across the room. I love that the craft stick frame creates different sections so kids can mix and match the tissue paper colours in all sorts of different ways.
- TISSUE PAPER PRINTING is one of the most unusual tissue paper crafts. You may have heard of it as tissue paper bleeding before now? This is a colourful process art that even very young children can enjoy and the resulting colours and patterns are stunning.
- TISSUE PAPER FLOWERS A round up of tissue paper crafts just wouldn’t be complete without tissue paper flowers! It’s such a classic craft tissue craft and I love that the flowers can be made in all different sizes and colours and used to decorate pretty much anything you like.
- TISSUE PAPER BLOSSOM is another must try tissue paper flower craft, especially at Spring time when the real blossom is starting to make an appearance.
- TISSUE PAPER RAINBOW ART is one of the simplest tissue paper crafts and just perfect for toddlers. Young children can easily enjoy creating a beautiful display and start to explore the effects of colour mixing as they overlap their tissue paper pieces and hold them up to the light. So pretty.
- TISSUE PAPER BUTTERFLIES is another craft that’s great for toddlers. They can build their fine motor skills scrunching and sticking the tissue paper pieces and are sure to love the great texture they create. This craft also has an up cycled element too which is always an added bonus.
As you can see I am just a little bit tissue paper crazy and love, love, love it! There are so many wonderful tissue paper crafts to explore and experiment with and it’s a super colourful, super cheap art and craft resource. An absolute must have for the kids craft room!
Have you shared this post with your friends on Facebook yet? Which of these tissue paper crafts would they enjoy? Just click on the Facebook link in the image below to share.