These paper icicles are wonderful for a Winter display! Just print, cut and fold!
Fill in your details and your pdf download link will be emailed to you direct. (You can subscribe to our newsletter at the same time if you want to.) Print the templates and follow the Paper Icicle Craft tutorial here or print the instructions below.
- Free Printable Icicle Craft Template
- White or Coloured Printer Paper
- Glitter Twine
- Sticky Tape
- Print the Free Icicle Craft Template onto paper. You can choose any colour you like. We chose wintery pastel colours.
- Cut out two thin triangles for each icicle.
- Slightly overlapping, glue the wide ends of the triangles together so they are perpendicular to each other.
- Turn them over and position one triangle pointing up and one triangle pointing right. Fold the triangle that's pointing up over the other triangle so that it is now pointing down.
- Turn the paper triangles a quarter of a turn anticlockwise so that the lower triangle is now pointing up. Fold it down over the other triangle. Keep repeating step 4 and 5.
- You will be building a stretchy, tapering, concertina structure. Keep going until you run out of paper and then glue the two thin ends together.
- Fold the wide end of the icicle upwards to make a triangle.
- Cut a short length of glittery twine. Tape it into a loop on the top triangle of the icicle.
- If you want to you can add glitter to your paper icicle craft too.
- When they are dry hang your icicles up on display.