These Fudge Cupcakes with Honey Frosting are quick to do. I thought it was time to get a bit more adventurous with my cupcake baking and try something new. Hence these little beauties were born, although they’re not so little as I am quite greedy when it comes to cake so I’ve made these in large muffin cases!
How To Make Fudge Cupcakes with Honey Frosting
(Makes 12 large cupcakes)
- 250 g butter (150 g for the cakes and 100 g for the frosting)
- 150 g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 100 g mini fudge pieces (75 g for the cakes and 25 g for decorating the frosting)
- 200 g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of clear honey
- Optional – 2 tabs honeycomb pieces for decoration
How To Make Fudge Cupcakes
- Pre-heat the oven 180 C.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs and gradually beat into the butter and sugar with a spoon or two of the flour to prevent curdling.
- Fold in the rest of the flour to form a smooth thick batter. It needs to be thicker than a normal sponge mix otherwise the fudge pieces will sink.
- Fold in 75 g of the fudge pieces and spoon the mixture evenly into 12 large muffin cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until risen and golden brown.
- When your cakes are cooked and cooled make the Honey Frosting by combining 100 g of butter with 200 g of icing sugar and 1 tablespoon of clear honey. If the mix is too dry then add the second spoon of honey.
- Pipe or spread onto the cakes and sprinkle with the remaining 25 g of fudge pieces and the honeycomb pieces if using.