I am delighted with how well this simple idea for mini Easter Baskets has worked out. The Little Chick Nests are sooooo cute and just the right size for parties, table decorations or giving as gifts. They only take minutes to make, and if you are anything like me, once you start you’ll not want to stop, they are so adorable. It’s a recycled craft too which is always an added bonus.
How To Make Mini Easter Baskets Nests
Supplies To Make Mini Easter Nests
- An empty transparent eggbox.
- Crepe paper in a range of colours. We used brown, pink and yellow.
- Mini chocolate eggs for filling.
- Optional – mini fluffy chicks
How To Make Cute Mini Easter Basket Nests
- Cut out the little round bases of the egg box and trim off to make the sides smooth and even.
- Cut the crepe paper into retangles approximately 10cm by 4cm. You need two pieces for each nest.
- Snip both long sides of the crepe paper towards the middle but without crossing it to leave you with tassles on both sides.
- Lay one crepe paper piece crossways over another.
- Pop the crepe paper cross into your eggbox bowl and pop in your chocolate eggs.
- Add a chick if desired.
Excuse the mass of photos but I really did fall in love with these adorable little Mini Easter Baskets and just couldn’t stop myself from snapping away.
I hope you love them too!
You can see all our favourite Easter crafts for kids here.
More Easter Crafts You Might Like: