Pancake Day just got a whole lot more exciting! With our printable template, kids are in for a treat with this super fun Flip a Pancake 3D Pancake Day Craft!
This cute Pancake Day activity is a wonderfully creative way for kids to join in the festivities this Shrove Tuesday.
Easy Printable Pancake Crafts
Our fun Flip a Pancake Day Craft comes with a printable template that makes creating your very own tossing pancake scene as easy as pie—or, should I say, as easy as pancakes!
Kids will have loads of fun making a delightful cut and paste kitchen scene, featuring a toy cooker, frying pan, their own handprint and a happy flipping pancake friend.
Of course older children can enjoy cooking and tossing real pancakes. And now, with this fun toss a pancake day craft, younger children can flip their own pancakes too, even if they’re too small to do it with the real thing!
This is such a wonderful way for young children to join in with the Pancake Day celebrations. With this easy-to-use template, kids will be crafting their very own paper pancakes in no time!
(You can also use this fun craft to introduce the traditions of Mardi Gras and the start of Lent, in such an engaging and playful way.)
Bouncing Paper Pancakes Craft!
These sweet pancakes are extra special because they’re super bouncy bobble heads! They’re attached to a simple paper spring, that lets them wibble-wobble around!
Kids will love making their own fun little bobble head pancake pal to celebrate Shrove Tuesday. Push them down and they pop right back up! Just like a real pancake being tossed in the air!
It’s such a fun and interactive 3D Pancake Day craft!
Add a Personal Touch with Handprints!
This fun Pancake Day craft can be enjoyed in two ways. The printable template has everything you need to make a 3D flip a pancake craft or you can add an extra special touch with a handprint!
Kids can cut around their handprint and add it to the pancake day art. It will look like it’s their hand holding the frying pan handle, and tossing the pancake!
The addition of a handprint is a lovely personal touch and a super sweet way to celebrate Happy Pancake Day!
A Fine Motor Skills Workout!
This is a fun cut and paste 3D Pancake Day craft that gives kids lots of opportunity to develop their fine motor skills.
Cutting out the pancake shape, frying pan, cooker and more is a great way for children to practice their scissor skills. Pasting all the template pieces into place are fun activities to strengthen hand eye co-ordination too.
It’s a fun way to build skills and enjoy the Fat Tuesday festivities!
Flip a Pancake Craft for National Pancake Day!
Join us to celebrate this special time of year with a Bobble Head Pancake Day craft that’s super cute and super fun! So, let’s grab those scissors and get ready for a flipping good time with this fantastic 3D Pancake Day craft!
- Printable Pancake Craft Template (Get yours from our store)
- Printer Cardstock or Paper
- Optional: Skin Tone Paper
- Marker Pen
How to Make A Pretend Pancakes Craft
1. Print the pancake craft template onto cardstock or paper and carefully cut out the pieces.
2. Draw around your hand print onto skin colored paper and cut it out.
3. Glue the cooker onto the bottom of a piece of paper. Position it to the left a little so that you have space for the frying pan’s handle on the right.
4. Position the hand fingers pointing down, on the right where you want the frying pan’s handle to be. Just glue the back of hand, leaving the fingers and thumb free.
5. Now glue the pan handle into the hand and bend the fingers and thumb over to hold it.
6. Glue the frying pan onto the other end of the handle.
7. Glue the pancake’s hands and eyes on and draw a happy smile.
8 – Zig-zag fold the paper spring along the dotted lines.
9 – Then glue one end of the spring onto the back of the pancake.
9. Glue the other end of the spring above the pan and draw on some movement lines.
Now your 3D pancake pals are having a blast flying through the air being tossed and flipped just like real pancakes! What a fun 3D pancake craft!
Looking for Different Ways to Celebrate Pancake Day ?
- Check out our Pancake Day Activities Post. There you’ll find toy cookers and pancakes to make, songs to sing, games to play and a lovely Favorite Topping Free Printables Activity.
- If you’re feeling hungry and want to make some real pancakes try our simple recipe for fluffy American pancakes. We love to try to cook them in different shapes and to eat them with our favourite topping.
- If you’re feeling creative and hungry you could try decorating your pancakes with our Edible Paint Recipe and turn them into pancake portraits of the whole family! It’s a great game for Pancake Day!
More Fun Easter Crafts To Enjoy: