These little chocolate coated banana pops are a fun way to jazz up bananas and transform them from the ordinary into a special treat.
Ingredients To Make Banana Pops
(Makes 8 Banana Pops)
- 2 large bananas
- 100 g white chocolate
- A selection of decorative sprinkles
- 8 lolly sticks
- You will need somewhere for the pops to set; either a piece of greaseproof paper to lay them on or something like an upturned box to poke the lolly sticks into.
How To Make Banana Pops
- Chill the bananas for 30 minutes in the fridge. this helps the chocolate set quickly and makes the process less drippy.
- Peel and cut each chilled banana into 4 pieces.
- Melt the chocolate into a bowl.
- Roll a banana chunk into the chocolate until completely covered.
- Insert a lolly stick into the banana and use it to lift the banana out of the chocolate and shake off any drips.
- Over a plate, quickly shake on the sprinkles before the chocolate sets. (I do it over a plate so that I can easily catch the fallen sprinkles.)
- Leave to set.
- Repeat with the remaining banana chunks.