Have you got adventure loving kids that enjoy getting muddy? Last weekend I grabbed my kids and headed to Belvoir Castle to join TV explorer Ed Stafford and take part in the Fruit Shoot Mini Mudder obstacle course. It was a fantastic experience I’d thoroughly recommend. Courses are running up and down the UK until the end of September so there are lots of opportunities for you and your kids to get involved too.
What is Fruit Shoot Mini Mudder?
Fruit Shoot have teamed up with the popular grown up Tough Mudder event to provide kids with a Mini Mudder adventure course focused on “fun”, “teamwork”, “empowerment” and “personal accomplishment”.
My adventure seeking kids adored every moment of the Fruit Shoot Mini Mudder obstacle course where they got to scale 10 exciting obstacles such as the “Tunnel of Terror”, “Crazy Climb” and the kid designed “Monkey Swing”.
The children went round the course four times completing a full mile packed with exciting challenges! When they’d finished they got given a branded headband keepsake and a well deserved Fruit Shoot Hydro.
I love that Mini Mudder is un-timed so the focus is really on having fun, trying new things and working as a team with other children on the course. My children got so much out of the event, it gave them an immense sense of achievement and boosted their self esteem.
If you’ve got kids between the ages of 7 – 12 who like to get muddy then this event is an absolute must! My kids are already asking when they can do it again! You can see all the Mini Mudder events scheduled and book your tickets here.
Interviewing Explorer Ed Stafford
(This post contains affiliate links.)
While we were at Fruit Shoot Mini Mudder we had the honour of meeting and interviewing TV explorer Ed Stafford who was there to open the exciting event. I love his books “Walking the Amazon” and “Naked and Marooned”. He’s a fantastic role model and my kids had the thrill of asking their hero 8 questions which we’ve videoed for you below. Ed’s answer to question 3 will turn your stomach and his reply to question 6 will melt your heart! What a guy!
- What inspired you to walk the length of the Amazon?
- Who was your hero growing up?
- What’s the most disgusting thing you’ve ever had to eat?
- If you had to choose one place to live that you’ve been on on your expeditions where would it be and why?
- Have you ever truly feared for your life?
- If you could go back in time and do one thing differently, what would it be?
- You’ve had lots of different adventures but what was your first one?
- Which one would you prefer, either having to go through your worst expedition again or having to do the Tough Mudder course 20 times in one day?
We hope your adventure-seeking kids enjoy the Fruit shoot Mini Mudder Challenge as much as we did. Let us know how you got on.