Well, on the week that I decided to depart from Wordpress.com and go self-hosted I was delighted to receive the versatile blogger award from the lovely Craft it, Bake it. Thankyou.
Now in all honesty I don’t think I’ve been blogging long enough to be called versatile…I think it’s more a case of trying to find my feet and floundering all over the place not really knowing what to blog about, rather than true versatility!
The transfer to self hosting has however pushed and stretched me in ways I hadn’t known existed and the very dark rings under my eyes having poured over the computer until the early hours bear witness to that. I have certainly been versatile with computery things that have terrified me this week and never want to have to do it again quite frankly! (And David, I couldn’t have done it without you. :-))
I am not normally one for participating in chain letter type things except for one occasion when I participated in a postcard one when I was a little girl with the promise of hundreds of postcards from all over the world dropping through my door. What a disappointment when nothing arrived! Well here I am again, 30 mumble something years on and I am linking into the chain again.
Getting my blog up and running has been an amazing learning experience and my kids think I’m very clever which is always a good thing! Initially I thought my blog would just be for me and my family. I hadn’t known about or participated in the huge network of bloggers out there. It has been so, so lovely to begin to dip my toes in to that community. There are so many wonderful and interesting voices out there. I think anyone that has the time to run a life, a family, a job etc and still have time to blog and share thoughts and ideas with others is truly versatile.
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
In celebration of persisting with my blog when it was all utter gobble-de-gook and I didn’t know a widget from a sidebar I am passing on this award to my first blog followers for being versatile enough to think I was worth listening to from time to time. Knowing you were out there inspired me to persevere so…
I pass this award on with thanks to:
My Mum and Dad, they’re not bloggers but they read everything I do even if it’s drivel.
Mascara and Mud
A Working Mum
Craft It, Bake It
Mummy, Wife, Woman
Prego and the Loon
Texan as Kitchen
Alot On Your Plate
At 350 Degrees
Of Notes n Thoughts
And 7 possibly interesting things about me:
- My cat once pooed in my Aunt’s frying pan.
- If I have more than one cup of coffee a day I go doo-lally.
- In my younger days I hitch-hiked to Morocco.
- I used to have two pet house rabbits that liked to sprawl out in front of the fire like dogs.
- I once danced in the garden in my undies with my daughter in a torrential downpour.
- I sing and make up a lot of (terrible if you are over the age of 10) songs, generally to the tune of Old Mac Donald and the such like.
- You know the James Bond villain Blofeld? Well apparently Ian Fleming the creator went to school with a distant relative of mine also a Blofeld, and Fleming named his evil character after him….I believe they were actually friends in real life and my relative was not really intent on world domination.
Don’t feel you have to pass this on if you don’t want to, it’s just a bit of fun to join in with if you fancy