We ‘re on a roll with our Halloween party ideas now and just love the addition of this easy Giant Floating Ghost Craft. It’s so much fun and looks fab!
The children have loved running around the house with these DIY ghosts floating on strings, Woooooooing, Wailing and Booing at every opportunity!
This ghost craft is really easy to make and would be great hanging inside or outside. We think they make great party favours too instead of an ordinary balloon.
We like to start our Halloween preparations early so we have plenty of time to enjoy the exciting build up! So far we’ve made Delicious Pumpkin Popsicles and quick little spiders in their webs. We’ve waxed pumpkins and painted pumpkins and we were so pleased with how our GIANT Frankenstein’s monsters turned out too. Check out all our favourite Halloween crafts here and grab yourself a spook-tastic celebration!
Halloween Party Ideas: How To Make A Giant Floating Ghost Craft
Supplies To Make Floating Halloween Ghost Decorations
- 2 Large white Bin Liners
- Green Balloons
- Black and Yellow Card
- Optional – Glow Sticks
How To Make Giant Ghost Decorations For Halloween
- If your bin bags have handles snip them off. Cut the opening of the first bin bag into points.
- Cut the second bin bag into thin strips nearly up to the seam at the bottom.
- Cut two simple eyes and a mouth out of your card and glue them onto the 1st bin liner.
- Blow up the green balloon and attach it to a length of string.
- Make a small hole in the middle of the seam on both bags.
- Insert the balloon into the first bag and pull the balloon thread through the hole you’ve just made.
- Repeat with the second bag.
- Hang it up.
If you’re using your ghost craft as an outside decoration: you may prefer to glue your facial features onto the inside of the bag so that they are protected from the rain.
Optional Extra: Insert a glow stick into the balloon before tying it up for a spooky glow!
If you like a visual demonstration here’s our video tutorial using a similar method for Frankenstein Monster decorations.
We hope you like this ghost craft.
More Fun Halloween Crafts To Do With Kids: