We love the fun of Halloween and all those sticky sweet treats but it’s easy for the children to overload isn’t it? I try to bring the gruesome fun of the season into some healthier eating too and these healthy Halloween MOULDY BOGEY SCONES (Ewwwww Yuk!) do just that.
Much as my youngest would probably delight in eating real bogeys (he certainly munches enough of his own) these are really packed full of spinachy goodness which makes the mould and crumbled feta cheese for the bogeys. Read on for the simple healthy Halloween recipe that’s great for kiddies to help with too…
Ingredients For Halloween Scones:
- 300g self raising flour
- 100g butter
- 100g spinach (finely chopped)
- 200g feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 large egg
- 100ml milk
How To Make Mould Bogey scones for Halloween Food Fun:
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Put your flour into a large bowl and rub in the butter to a breadcrumb consistency.
- Stir in the finely chopped spinach (I whizzed mine up in the food processor for a few seconds) and 175g of the feta crumbled. Hold back 25g of feta for the topping.
- Make a well in the middle, beat your egg and pour it in with half the milk.
- Mix it together adding more of the milk a little at a time until you have a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough to approx 2 cm thick, cut into rounds and place on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Dab a drop or two of milk onto the top of each scone and sprinkle on the remaining 25g Feta.
- Bake towards the top of the oven for 15-20 mins until risen and golden.
We hope you have lots of fun with this idea and have a