We are getting very excited about Halloween here and just love creating lots of fun decorations to display around the house. We’re having a Halloween party this year so I really wanted some big decorations that would make a statement but were really quick and easy too. These Gigantic Frankenstein Homemade Halloween Decorations do just that.
We love that these homemade Halloween decorations also make a great Halloween party craft activity too. They are really easy to set up so involve minimal prep time for you and your little guests can enjoy creating their own cheeky Frankensteins and take them home at the end of the party too instead of just an ordinary balloon. Great fun, and something I’m sure the children will remember year after year.
Who wouldn’t just love having one of Frankenstein’s Monsters to take home after a party?
For those of you that like a visual demonstration I’ve made a short video which you can see below. And if you prefer written instructions then just scroll on a smidge further to find them.
How To Make Giant Homemade Halloween Decorations – Frankenstein’s Monster
Supplies To Make A Frankenstein’s Monster Halloween Decoration
- Green garden sacks/rubbish bag
- A4 Black paper
How To Make A Monstrous Halloween Monster Decoration
- Cut from the opening of your bag just over half way down the bag to make thin strips about 2 cm wide. It is easier to keep the bag folded width ways so you are cutting lots of strips at the same time.
- Using the picture as a guide, cut out your features from the A4 black paper.
- Using the scraps of paper remaining cut some thin strips to make the mouth stitches and scar if you choose.
- Open out your bag so you have an area big enough to make the face and stick your features on.
- Blow up your balloon.
- Make a small hole in the middle of the bag’s seam, behind the hair. Put your balloon into the bag and pull its tie piece through the hole in the plastic bag.
- Cut a length of string and tie it to your balloon’s protruding tie piece.
- Shake out all the tassels and hang up your floating Frankenstein.
Here’s some associate links for products you can use for this craft project:
If you are looking for more Halloween crafts you might like to look at these: