Rudolf the red nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose tra la la… Who else loves all things Christmas and reindeer? We sure do!
Every year I try to find time for Christmas activities that we can have fun doing as a family. Two Christmas crafts we come back to year after year are our Printable Reindeer Antlers because we just love dressing up as Rudolf and our Reindeer Cupcakes, because yes, we like to eat him too!
Well, because you can never have too much Rudolf we’ve come up with these cute and easy Homemade Chocolate Reindeer Lollies to make and munch throughout the festive season too. The children already have plans to make more as Christmas presents for friends too. Aren’t they adorable?
Supplies For Your Homemade Christmas Chocolates
(This post contains affiliate links for the UK and US.)
- Greaseproof baking parchment
- 100 g Milk Chocolate
- Lolly Sticks UK / US
- Mini Coloured Chocolate Beans for Rudolf’s eyes UK / US
- Glace Cherries
- Writing Icing Tubes UK / US
Christmas Cooking with Kids: How To Make Homemade Chocolate Reindeer Lollies
- These reindeer chocolate lollies are really easy to make and a great idea for everyone to enjoy doing together. To start with the children broke the chocolate up into pieces and put them in a glass. Then they let the glass sit in a bowl of hot water until the chocolate had melted. (Take care with young children and hot water!)
- Next they put a lolly stick onto the greaseproof paper and spooned a dollop of melted chocolate onto the end. They used the spoon to simply drag the chocolate out to make the reindeer’s ears and antlers.
- The children really enjoyed making the reindeer’s faces using half glace cherries for the noses and chocolate beans for the eyes.
- Once the chocolate had set a little they were able to use the icing tubes to add a cheeky smile too!
We think these reindeer lollies are really fun Christmas chocolates and a great activity for the family to enjoy together. If you individually wrap them and tie them with a simple ribbon they make great homemade Christmas gifts too.
This is our contribution to the Countdown To Christmas series organised by the lovely Cerys at Rainy Day Mum, where a group of fab European bloggers have been coming together every week to share their ideas.
- Week 1 was Christmas paper crafts where we made some really pretty Paper and Bead Ornaments.
- Week 2 was Homemade Gifts and we made gorgeous Tin Can Lanterns.
- Week 3 was christmas recipes and we shared our tasty Festive Fairy Bread.
- And this is week 4 where we’re all sharing family fun ideas.
Pop along to the other hosts to see what they’ve been sharing this week and why not add your own ideas to the linky below, it’s always great to see what you’ve all been up to.
You Might Also Like: