April Fools’ Day Pranks are great fun for both adults and children. My kiddies and I have been in fits of giggles today making our prank for tomorrow’s unsuspecting visitors. We’ve been creating something so wonderfully disgusting, revolting and repellent that it deserves a place in a Roald Dahl story. We’ve made…Fake Dog Poop!
I’m not sure who’s more pleased with our Fake Dog Poop, April Fool’s Day Prank in all honesty, my children or me? My love of April Fool’s Day started when I was a little girl and every year my Headteacher would try to trick the whole school with some outlandish story in assembly time. There was something wonderful about a teacher being joyfully cheeky that stuck with me and in my teaching life I would always try to do something for my students for April Fools Day too, perhaps schools were going to run an hour longer, or on Saturdays too, or the school lunch delivery lorry had broken down and we’d have to go without lunch that day. Harmless fun.
Today we hadn’t actually set out to make Fake Dog Poop at all. It was a happy accident. We’d actually been aiming for slime but couldn’t get the recipe quite right and it kept turning out too thick and rigid. As I dolloped the third unsuccessful batch on the table in despair it curled itself up and looked just like..yes, dog poop! And there the excitement began! We grabbed the brown paint from the cupboard and set to work with our failing recipe for a fourth time and created the most magnificent and wondrous April Fools’ Prank we could imagine, Fake Dog Poop! Here’s how we did it…
How To Make Fake Dog Poop for an April Fool’s Day Prank
What Supplies Do You Need For An April Fool’s Day Dog Poo Prank:
(contains affiliate links)
- 1/2 cup PVA white glue
- Squirt of brown paint
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon borax powder
How To Make Fake Dog Poo!
- In a large bowl mix thoroughly together 1/2 cup of white PVA glue and a squirt or two of brown paint to produce your desired colour.
- In a cup mix 1 heaped teaspoon of borax powder with 1/2 cup of warm water and stir until dissolved.
- Stirring all the time pour the borax and water mix into the glue and paint mix. It will instantly start to thicken and become jelly like.
- Use your hands to knead the mixture for a minute until it leaves the sides of the bowl clean and comes together in a ball.
- Roll the ball of fake dog poop into a sausage shape and taper one end to a point.
- Place the thick end of the sausage down and curl the rest on top finishing with an upward flick of the pointed end.
- Have great fun leaving it in different places for people to be shocked at!
Looking for more fun pranks for kids? Why not follow our April Fool’s Day Pinterest board, jam packed with lots of great ideas!
Follow My Little 3 and Me’s board April Fools Day on Pinterest.