Christmas is such a magical time of year to share with children isn’t it? I love thinking of Christmas crafts for kids like our Handprint Angel Tree Toppers and Candy Cane Craft. Fun Christmas activities are part of our family tradition and they really create a festive mood in the home. I think these Reindeer Antlers are the cutest Christmas craft ever and my all time favourite! I love how much the children enjoy dressing up in these glittery Rudolf the Reindeer Antlers and all the Christmas role play they inspire.
These cute reindeer antlers are such a hit in our house that I decided to make a Free Printable Reindeer Antler Template so you can all enjoy making and dressing up in them easily too! Who wouldn’t enjoy being Rudolf at this festive time of year?
To keep it really simple, because I know we’re all really busy at Christmas time, all you need to do is print out the free reindeer antler template, let the children paint it and then help them stick it together. A super quick and fun way to make as many reindeer headbands as you want!
If you’re in a really big hurry and don’t have time to let the children paint their reindeer antler hat you could always try our ready coloured free printable reindeer antlers instead.
Take a look at our bargain stocking stuffer gift guide too:
How To Make Reindeer Antlers Headband
(This post contains affiliate links.)
Supplies To Make Reindeer Antler Headbands:
- Printable Reindeer Antlers Template page 1 and Printable Reindeer Antlers Template page 2
- 2 sheets of A4 card stock US / printer card UK
- 3 paint colours (We chose brown and added cream for the inside ear and red for the nose.)
- Optional: 2 craft sticks US / lolly sticks UK and sticky tape.
- Optional: Red glitter US / UK and glue.
How To Make Reindeer Antlers To Wear:
- Print out Free Printable Reindeer Antlers page 1 and Free Printable Reindeer Antlers page 2 onto two sheets of A4 card.
- Cut out the Reindeer Antler templates.
- Paint the reindeer antler pieces in your chosen colours and allow to dry. (If they curl up at the edges you can pop them inside a heavy book for half an hour to flatten.)
- Optional: Add glue and sprinkle a sparkly layer of red glitter onto the nose.
- Staple the reindeer antlers and ears in place on the front piece of the headband.
- Staple one side of the back headband to one end of the front headband.
- Depending on the thickness of the card, you may find that the reindeer antlers are a bit floppy. A simple solution is to use sticky tape to add a craft stick to the back of each antler.
- Measure the reindeer antlers around the children’s head and staple the front and back of the headband together at the appropriate point to ensure a good fit. (Pop a bit of sticky tape over the staples if they feel a bit scratchy.)
- Run to the mirror and marvel at your creation.
We’ve also written a fun Reindeer Action Song so the children can dress up and sing. What fun!
You Might Also Like: