We love nature crafts like this colourful YARN AND STICK CHRISTMAS TREE CRAFT. There is something so rewarding about crafting with natural materials like pine cones, pebbles and twigs and it’s a great way to get the kids outdoors connecting with nature too.
This Stick Christmas Tree Craft is really easy to make, very versatile and so pretty! You can make your tree ornaments in lots of different sizes and decorate them with all sorts of different things!
We’ve decorated our twig Christmas trees with mini pom poms and buttons but you could also use beads, paper, tissue paper, ribbons and anything else colourful and bright that you fancy! It’s a great Christmas craft for kids to use up all those little odds and ends you’ve saved in the craft cupboard.
Join us below to make gorgeous and colourful Twig Christmas Tree Ornaments. A lovely nature craft for the festive season!
This yarn and stick Christmas tree craft can be hung on the big Christmas tree, glued to Christmas cards or used for decorating the house. Wherever you put them their bright colours are sure to delight.
We’ve got lots of other Christmas crafts to team these Christmas tree ornaments up with. Why not try our Popsicle Stick Pom Pom Stars, Pom Pom Pine Cones or these cute Pom Pom Photo Ornaments from One Little Project.
Yarn and Stick Christmas Tree Craft Tutorial
Supplies To Make Twig Christmas Tree Ornaments:
How To Make A Colourful Yarn and Stick Christmas Tree Craft
1 – Make a stick tree by breaking twigs and using the glue gun to fix them together. You need two long side pieces, one short crosspiece and a little trunk.
2 – Cut a long length of green yarn and tie one end onto the tree. Then wrap the yarn around the tree over and over again going from side to side and working your way up and down.
3 – When you have built up a green middle tie the loose end of yarn to the tree.
5 – Keep adding decorations until your stick Christmas tree craft is beautifully decorated.
6 – If you want to you can cut a golden star from yellow cardstock to stick to the top of your tree too.
Now your yarn and stick Christmas tree craft is ready to be enjoyed. You can put them on display, add a ribbon to hang them on the Christmas tree or even glue them to a greeting card!
More Fun Christmas Crafts For Kids:
Print the instructions below:
- Glue Gun
- Lime Green Yarn
- Mini Pom Poms or Buttons
- UHU Glue
- Yellow Card Scraps
- Make a stick tree by breaking twigs and using the glue gun to fix them together. You need two long side pieces, one short cross piece and a little trunk.
- Cut a length of green yarn and tie one end onto the tree. Then wrap the yarn around the tree over and over again.
- When you have built up a green middle tie the loose end of yarn to the tree.
- Glue your tree decorations onto the strands of yarn. You can use mini pom poms, buttons, beads, sequins or anything else you fancy.
- Keep adding decorations until your stick Christmas tree craft is beautifully decorated.
- If you want to you can cut a golden star from cardboard to stick to the top of your tree too.