What a lot of fun we’ve had this weekend making use of some of the pinecones the children have collected to make these cute and easy Pinecone Reindeer. I’m so excited to get the Christmas tree out because I know they are going to look just adorable hanging next to our Paper Ornaments and Handprint Angels.
Supplies To Make Pinecone Reindeer
(This post contains affiliate links for UK and US readers.)
- Pinecones of course!
- Ribbon or thread for hanging UK / US
- Fabric scraps or felt for ears.
- Googly Eyes UK / US
- Sparkly Pipe cleaners UK / US
- Glitter Pom-Poms UK / US or Buttons UK / US for noses.
- UHU Glue UK / US
These Pine Cone Reindeer Are Such Easy Christmas Decorations To Make!
- First of all we cut a bit of ribbon and glued it on to the bottom of the pinecone to make a hoop for hanging the finished reindeer onto the Christmas tree. I love using UHU glue for projects like this because it dries clear and really quickly too.
- We twisted the pipe cleaners into the shape of antlers. You can make these as big or small as you like. My boys opted for little antlers because they thought they were ‘sweeter’! And we cut some little fabric shapes to make the reindeer’s ears.
- To finish off the Reindeer’s ears we glued along the flat edge and pinched it together to give it a more realistic shape.
- Then it’s just a case of choosing your eyes size and your nose and sticking them on!
We made quite a few different Pinecone Reindeer ornaments and each one seemed to have its own personality! The boys named the button nosed reindeer Oink instead of Rudolf! His little button does look a bit snouty doesn’t it LOL!
If you’re like me and love all things reindeer then you’ll adore our free printable Reindeer Antlers to wear. Just print them out and colour them and the whole family can enjoy being little festive reindeer! And that’s not all! We’ve even got a fun little Reindeer Action Song too!
Looking for gifts for the children this Christmas? We have a fabulous selection of Bargain Stocking Stuffers that can be enjoyed all year round.
Here’s one of our favourite pin boards simply bursting with ideas to keep you and your little ones having fun over the festive period.
You Might Also Like: